Apologies for the lack of posts recently. It’s been such a busy week for me but a fantastic one. I hope all of you had wonderful weeks as well! Unbelievable but true- I’ve been so busy that I have not read my usual blogroll. So alas, there will be no Week in Review but rather, here’s an inspirational quote from the one and only Oprah Winfrey. Happy weekend!
I learned from Downton Abbey.
Last night was the American Season Finale of Downton Abbey Season Four. I hope you have all been watching and loving it as much as I have. Thinking of a great one-liner from Violet Crawley (Maggie Smith) can always brighten my day. I hope these make you smile. Until next time Downton! Cheerio!
Well hello there! Happy Friday to you! I have some gorgeous rooms for you this week. Filled with warmth and texture to lift your spirits after hearing that next week means the return of the Polar Vortex! Brrrr!
- Daily Dream Decor introduces us to this preppy spring home office! Yes, spring will come… just maybe not tomorrow.
- Coco + Kelley‘s room of the week is this simple, modern, minimal, textural, ethnic, organic, classic. bedroom because yes, all those things can exist in one space!
- I am slightly jealous of the gorgeous foyers featured on Centsational Girl this week. With just three more feet of space, maybe we could have had this welcoming table in our front hall. Although, that floor looks familiar!
- One thing I miss about loft living is levels! This stunning kitchen remodel over at Hooked on Houses really stepped it up! Get it? And oh those beams!
- And finally, Erin at Elements of Style takes a look at the Windsor Chair. With so many variations since it’s development in the 16th century, I’m still a big fan of the traditional look in this sunny porch.
The Olympics are always so exciting- and even more so when you have an office full of skating fans (figure and hockey) and a husband constantly checking the medal count! In honor of those medals, this post is devoted to the athletes’ bling!
Gold, silver, or bronze- it’s got to be amazing having one of those around your neck. But in case you’re like me and more focused on your home decor than your triple salchows, let’s cheer for some of these metallic winners!
Tell me you’ve heard of this fabulous app by now! Waterlogue allows you to take any photo and turn it into a work of art. No paint brush required! Just upload a pic- like this one of our home- and turn it into a fluid, vibrant watercolor.
Just visit the App Store and download Waterlogue.
And just like Instagram, you can take a photo or choose from your photo gallery. I snapped a quick pick of the hydrangeas on my dining room table.
Then choose your filter from the selections. You can even zoom, add a border, or adjust the brightness.
Then you just export your masterpiece or share it through social media.
And voilà! You’re a regular Monet!
People have been coming up with some interesting Waterlogues all over social media. It’s amazing how great a rusty bike looks as a watercolor. Or the shoes at the bottom of your closet!
Happy painting to you… and the best part- no clean up!